What types of clients do you typically work with?
In a nutshell, anyone who is seeking a highly unique, unforgettable experience.
When it comes to leisure travel, oftentimes the most discerning clients are those who have the least time to plan the intricate details that make a trip so special. The gift of time is one of the best things we can offer to our clients. We also find that groups traveling together benefit greatly from working with a professional travel designer, both because of the additional perks and level of organization, but also because that removes the burden from one or a few members of the group.
For corporate travel and events, we often work hand in hand with executive assistants to combine our industry expertise with their insider knowledge of their company and goals for the trip or event. Small companies and start-ups find our full-service offerings particularly attractive so that all of their employees can enjoy the experience. Larger companies that already have in-house travel and event services will still benefit from our a la carte consulting services to compliment their own areas of expertise.
Individuals and companies that value sustainability appreciate working with Foray due to our deep commitment to being at the forefront of designing sustainable and ethical trips and events. Read more about our commitment to sustainability here.
What are the advantages of working with a professional travel designer?
…So many! We understand that travel agents are gradually becoming a thing of the past and it’s become second nature for most travelers to log on and make reservations from the comfort of their homes. Travel design includes a variety of services that go beyond that of the traditional travel agent. We have access to many suppliers and amenities that you simply won’t find yourself or can’t book online. We get to know you and your travel companions, your preferences, what you loathe and what makes you beam with excitement – and we learn about your motivations to travel, and how the experiences we create fit into your broader lifestyle.
- Network: Foray is a member of the Virtuoso travel network, which has a portfolio of nearly 1,700 preferred partners – top hotels, cruise lines, tour operators, and more. We have insider access to each and every one of these partners, many of whom offer special perks unavailable to the public like complimentary upgrades or restaurant or spa credits for the same price you would pay if you booked it yourself.
- Experience: If we haven’t personally visited your destination, we know someone in our network who has. When you turn to online forums like TripAdvisor you never know who is on the other end of the screen giving advice. When you work with Foray, you know that each element of your trip has been thoughtfully curated and vetted by a travel professional. And we save you the hours of scrolling through reviews to boot.
- Time is Money: If you’re anything like us, you want to maximize your hard earned travel time and you’ll spend dozens of hours researching flights, hotels, restaurants, rental cars, tours, where to shop, what the best beach is, what time of year to go, what visa you need, safety precautions, train tickets, entertainment options…. and so much more! Planning a trip is rewarding, but exhausting. Leave it to the professionals so that you just need to show up.
- Security: We’re accessible throughout your trip just in case anything goes wrong. From missed flights to natural disasters, not everything always goes as planned. When you book online, you’re usually out of luck. When you book with us, we get to work right away to get you back on track. We’ve likely dealt with the issue before and know who to call and how to advise you so that you can continue on your way.
- Insurance: We can advise you on the best travel insurance coverage for your trip.
What is the process to plan a trip with Foray?
If we’ve never worked together before we’ll start with a free, no obligation phone call (or in person meeting if you’re in the San Francisco area) to chat about your trip. Don’t worry if the details are still unclear or if you aren’t even sure where you want to go yet! That’s totally fine, and we can help you figure that out as we go.
After the initial conversation we’ll send you a proposal with some ideas outlined based on what we discussed. In order to accept the proposal you’ll pay a deposit towards your trip and we’ll get to work on all of the exciting details.
Next, we’ll present the proposed itinerary and get your final sign-off before we go ahead and make the bookings on your behalf. Before your departure date we’ll send you a beautiful packet with all of the important details and contact information. At the same time, in the background we’ll be making confirmation calls and triple checking that all of our contacts along the way are all set for your arrival. And you’re off!
When you return we’ll follow-up to learn what you’re raving about and what lessons you would apply to your next trip. Chances are, you’re already dreaming of your next destination.
Read more about our services and process here.
Help, I have a last minute trip or event to plan! Can you help?
We completely understand how dates can creep on you when you’re busy! Please get in touch with us right away and we’ll let you know if we have the resources to get started immediately.
Do you plan weddings?
We don’t plan weddings, but we do love to work with brides and grooms before, during and after their weddings. From engagements to bachelor and bachelorette parties, to destination wedding travel logistics, wedding weekend activities and honeymoons, Foray can help alleviate the pressure of many of the logistics starting from the time you become engaged so that you can enjoy this special time to the max. We work seamlessly with you or your chosen wedding planner or are happy to recommend one if you’re still searching.
How much do your services cost?
Full-Service Custom Trip Design
Just as every single journey, event, and experience that we create is absolutely unique, our fee structure is similarly tailored to each occasion. For occasional travelers, we will charge a one-time retainer for our service to consult on your trip. For frequent travelers who value round-the-clock service, our annual retainer is a great option offering unlimited trip planning and travel services for the whole family.
This full-service option includes everything you could possibly need for a seamless journey, including consulting to help choose the destination, up to three itinerary revisions before booking, assistance with visas, flight reservations, emergency assistance while traveling, and more.
VIP Hotel Reservations
If you only need a hotel reservation and already know exactly which hotel and room category you’d like, we’re happy to make a reservation on your behalf so that you can receive all of the amazing complimentary amenities we offer! The fee for this is $75.
If you’d like to get away but aren’t quite certain where yet, we’re always happy to offer a complimentary 30 minute conversation to offer our suggestions. For consulting and hotel booking beyond that, we charge a $150 consulting fee.
Are you in the process of booking a trip yourself, but would like a second set of eyes on it? We understand that some people share our passion for designing their own trips, but that it can also be overwhelming at times. We’re happy to put our expert eyes on your itinerary and offer our professional advice on timing, routing, hotel choices, activities, and whatever else you’d like us to comment on. The fee for this is $250 and includes up to two hours of our time.